Ways To Help Animal Rescue Organizations…Without Adopting or Fostering!!
We love animals and we wish we had the money, the time, and the room in our apts or homes to adopt and rescue ALL the animals out there…anyway that’s my plan, wish, and dream…but right now its not my reality.
But we are so troubled by all the animals in need and we want to do more to help.
Well here are some ideas of ways you can help in ways that don’t entail you rescuing or fostering.
· Transport a dog or cat
· Send money to the vet that the rescue uses.
· Help out at events.
· Donate a crate.
· Donate old towels, blankets and sheets
· Donate food, treat, toys
· Donate food bowls
· Donate leashes and colors
· Donate cleaning products, pails, paper towels, mops
· Donate flea, tick and heart worm medicines
· Donate a scanner or digital camera
· Donate a photocopier
· Donate a gift certificate to a pet store
· Donate a gift certificate to a local groomer
· Donate stamps, envelopes and printer paper
· Donate a raffle item if your club is holding a fundraiser
· Have a yard sale and donate the profits to a local shelter
· Volunteer to clean cages or walk dogs
· Help organize a fundraiser
· Be the one to take the dog to its obedience classes
· Take photos of dogs or cats available for adoption to post on social media
· Educate and enlighten friends and neighbors about the reasons they should always Adopt. Don’t Shop!!
· Lend your artistic talents to your club’s newsletter, fundraising ideas, T-shirt designs or website
· Donate a coupon for a free car wash or gas or cleaning inside a rescues vehicle
· Every time you buy a new toy for your dog, buy a second one to donate to a dog in need
· Pay the cost of a dog that has to go to obedience school to make its chances for adoption better
· Donate your professional services as an accountant, lawyer, website techie, or photographer
· Make financial arrangements in your will to cover the cost of caring for your animals after you are gone…so rescues won’t have to
· Make a bequest in your will to your local animal shelter or favorite sanctuary
· Donate your old vehicle when you are getting a newer one
· Remember the actual humans that do the hard work of rescue and fostering, most of whom go without needs of their own because all their time and money goes to the animals
· Pay a house cleaning service to do spring cleaning for someone who fosters all the time.
· Bring the rescue or foster take out so they don’t have to cook dinner
· There are lots more ways you can help.... just ASK a shelter or a foster HOW you can be of service, what do they need
And last…we know they can always use monetary donations $$$
Please open your heart, and do what you can, where you can, and when you can.